|Home » Categories » Health & Wellness|
Article Number: 129 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Thu, Apr 12, 2012 9:51 PM
Everyone has a humorous and a beautiful side in them. God simply made us this way. The thing you must do is find your humor and beauty. Laughter is not only contagious but healing as well. Beauty is in EVERYONE in one way or another.
Humor is defined as the quality or content of something such as a story, performance or joke that elicits amusement and laughter. It is the ability to see something as funny, and the enjoyment of things that are funny. It is the writings and other material created to make people laugh. It is a part of your character. It is part of your attitude. It is a mood.
To find your humor, here are some suggestions:
1. Tell a joke
2. Read a funny story
3. Buy a joke book
4. Look up jokes on the internet
5. My friends send me jokes through email, hopefully you have this in your life too, and therefore I always start my day, after worship with God Of course, by reading my email and with laughter
6. Think of a funny anecdote to a serious subject. It’s not hard; you just have to be patient and creative
7. Think positively, and humor will find you
Here are some jokes to get you started:
1. 3 Blondes are walking in the forest, they come across a set of tracks, the 1stblonde says they are deer tracks, the 2nd blonde says they bear tracks, while the 3rd blonde is thinking it over, the train runs them over. Tee hee hee.
2. A blonde decides that she wants to make some extra money, so she goes to her neighbor’s house and asks if he has any odd jobs she might do. He says "Why yes you can paint this porch, I have the paint already and was going to do it myself” So the agree on a payment of $50 and the blonde gets to work. While the blonde is at work, the wife comes up and asks "Does she realize that it is a wrap-around porch and she may not be able to finish in an hour?” The husband replies, "Of course she’s standing right on it”. So about an hour goes by and the blonde comes to the door and happily says "I am done, and by the way it’s a Porsche, not porch”
3. Ms. Beatrice, the church organist, was in her 80’s and had never been married; she was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all. One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint little sitting room. She invited her to have a seat while she prepared tea. As she sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut glass bowl sitting on top of the organ. The bowl was filled with water and in the water floated, of all things, a condom. When she returned with the tea and scones, they began to chat. The minister tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist. He said "Ms. Beatrice, I wonder if you would tell me about this?” pointing to the bowl. "Oh yes” she replied, isn’t it wonderful? I was walking through the park a few
months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that would prevent the spread of disease. And do you know I haven’t had the flu all winter?”
4. The teacher asked the class to use the word fascinate in a sentence. Molly put up her hand and said, "My family went to grandpa’s farm and we saw his pet sheep. It was fascinating.” The teacher said "That was good but I wanted you to use the word fascinate, not fascinating.” Sally raised her hand. She said, "My family went to see Rock City and I was fascinated.” Again the teacher said "Well that was very good, but I want you to use the word fascinate.” Little Johnny raised his hand. The teacher hesitated, because she had been burned by Little Johnny before. She finally decided that there was no way he could damage the word fascinate, so she called on him. Little Johnny said, "My Aunt Gina has a sweater with ten buttons on it, and her boobs are so big that she can only fasten eight.” The teacher sat down and cried. Kids gotta love em!
5. A trucker came into a stop café and placed his order. He said, "I want 3 flat tires, a pair of headlights, and
a pair of running boards.” The new blonde waitress, not wanting to appear stupid, went to the kitchen and said to the cook "This guy out there just ordered 3 flat tires, a pair of headlights, and a pair of running boards. What does he think this place is an auto parts store?” "No” the cook said "3 Flat tires mean pancakes, a pair of headlights is 2 eggs sunny side up, and running boards are 2 slices of crisp bacon.” "Oh Ok!” said the blonde, she thought about it for a moment and then spooned up a bowl of beans and gave it to the customer. To which the trucker replied "What are the beans for blondy?” She replied, "I thought while you were waiting for your flat tires, headlights, and running boards, you might as well gas up!” A blonde gets even.
So I have given you a start, please take it and run with it. It will do you good to laugh. After all laughter is the best medicine.
Finding humor in the simple things in life, when your child spills his milk have a sense of humor about it and splash in it and pretend it’s a puddle to play in. Don’t worry about the mess; it will be there when you get around to it, no worries. When someone cuts you off on the freeway, and is speeding, you will find the humor when you see them getting a ticket a few miles down the road, no worries. When you see a person talking to himself on the street, be glad he has someone to talk to, no worries. When that child of yours throws a fit in the middle of a store because you have said "No” for the hundredth time, simply do as I did, leave the store and return when you can complete your shopping in peace, maybe don’t take the child with you next time, no worries. Laugh uncontrollably, smile it increases your face value, and always remember that there is humor in everything that is done and said.
On the other side of the coin, stressing out will only shorten your life. So remember to find the humor in EVERYTHING possible. Tell a joke to lighten the mood, and believe in your humorous side. You do have one; it’s one of your best qualities. When things get too serious, laugh, it may make you look crazy but you will live longer.
Do you remember the television many years back that stated, "Where’s the beef?” Well one night, late at night, my ex-husband had a hankering for a hamburger. He went to a fast food restaurant, made his order in the drive thru, received his order, and went on his way. When he got home he found that there was no hamburger in between the buns. Having a sense of humor about it, he returned to the restaurant and went through the drive through and opened the 2 buns and said, "Where’s the beef?” You see you can find humor in everything if you just see the glass as half full and not half empty. Be Optimistic nor Pessimistic.
Here’s how to learn how to be optimistic:
1. Think positively
2. Create a positive atmosphere in your living environment
3. Be positive when negative things come your way
4. Find humor in negative things
5. Always think of the glass as half full
6. Treat others with respect and they will begin to respect you
7. Take a class
8. Find your positive side
If you do these things you will begin to become optimistic.
Finding your beauty is easy. Just look in the mirror. Put a sign up that says "I AM BEAUTIFUL”, on the mirror. It will help you to remember that you are beautiful. If you
can’t see it on the outside look to your inner beauty. Everyone is beautiful in some way or another. God has created us in his likeness, and he is beautiful. Even the hardest criminals have beauty in them. Think of the man in prison who has committed murder. Even though at one point in his life he did a heinous act against humanity, he is beautiful in some way because God created him. Most of them find Jesus while in prison. They learn the beauty in life.
Here are some things to think of while trying to find your beauty:
1. Waterfalls think of the mist they create and the soothing feel of the waters spray
2. Your favorite flower, mine is a Lily
3. A field of wild flowers
5. The trickle of a stream as it goes by
8. Your family
10. The birth of your children, forget the pain, remember the feeling after when they put your newborn on your chest
11. If you don’t have kids, look at the beauty of other people’s children
13. Apple blossoms
14. The smell of springtime
15. The change in colors of the trees in the fall
16. The smell of the first rain of the season, after a long HOT summer
These should help you to get a start, if not, try to meditate. Believe me it really works. Find a calm and soothing place to go in your mind. Stay there until you feel calm and beautiful. This will bring you peace of mind as well.
Being optimistic is a way to find beauty in life. We are constantly talking to ourselves; it’s called an inner dialogue. Teach that voice in your head to speak to you in a positive way. DO NOT think negatively, it only hinders your inner beauty from surfacing.
When you are having a depressive episode, it is very difficult to pull yourself out of it. But thinking positively can pull you out of a depression sometimes. Always have a positive thought to fall back on. Like thinking of your children and who they will be when they grow up, can help. I am very lucky, I have a wonderful son. He makes me very proud. Yours will too, even if they have their moments of fighting with each other and fighting you, find the beauty in that they have spirit, if you have kids.
Beauty in life begins with you. God created it all around you and in yourself. Don’t let God down and spit on his glory. He has created this for you to enjoy in your life. Don’t just lie there on a sunny day, go out and do some gardening. Dress up and you will feel beautiful again. Put on a pretty sundress in the summer or springtime, or put on a beautiful sweater in the winter and fall. If you are a male, wear you best clothing and go for a walk to show it off. If you have a good suit, don’t just save it for Sunday service, wear it to dinner with your partner or a date.
Make a date with your spouse or partner. Make it enjoyable and don’t bring negativity to the table. Do this as often as possible. Take yourself on a shopping spree (if you can afford to, don’t over spend though). Take your children to a movie that they want to see, even if you don’t want to see it. I have a dislike for cartoons but my son wanted to go see one, just being there with him brought peace and joy into my life. You will find when you see your children happy you will find happiness.
Always look for the beauty in the things around you. Instead of thinking of yourself as FAT, think of yourself as large. I was told by one of my new doctors, that he was called obese because he needed to lose 10 lbs. His take on this was this; everybody has a different body type. So the charts that the doctors use are built on the average body type. What if you are big boned and heavy weight is natural for you. You are not obese in this case. What if you are 6’5” tall and you weigh 300lbs for example, this should not be considered obese because it may be your proper weight for your height. On the other side of the coin, what if you are short and weigh a mere 100 lbs. This by some doctors may be considered anorexic. You are not anorexic if your body type does not fit into the statistical norm. Your weight can have a large impact on your self-image. A lot of the doctors who go by the standard charts are usually thin themselves and think of others in a bad way if they are not like them. We have to remember that there are all types of body types and that there are all kinds of different factors to our weight. Don’t come down on yourself unless it is unhealthy to be heavier. Such as it may cause diabetes, or heart and back problems.
Being beautiful doesn’t mean you HAVE to be thin. If you carry an extra 10 lbs. around, so what. My problem is that I cannot exercise properly so I accept my weight. I cannot help it. You are beautiful in spite of your body size. Look at it this way; in a perfect world no one would have a weight problem. But our world is far from perfect. Just try to do the best you can, and if your doctor harps on you about your weight maybe it’s time to find a more understanding doctor.
I have a friend who had a big weight problem. She had the gastric bypass surgery. This was an extreme case. It was done for her health. Don’t do this if you are mere 10, 20, or even 30 lbs. over the suggested limit. This surgery is only for the severely obese who are 100 lbs. or more over weight and they have health risks due to it. She is doing wonderful now. However no matter how much I tell her how beautiful she is, she has a poor self-image and doesn’t believe me. I can talk myself blue in the face, but it makes no difference to her. Treat your loved ones who are overweight with respect and never make fun of their weight. This woman can cooks brilliantly, knits beautifully, is always on the go, and she is a beautiful person. That is what I see, not the weight. So remember that when you see a person who is overweight for their body type. It may just be that they can’t help it. It may be a thyroid problem, or some other medical issue. Never look down on someone if you see them and they are overweight. The same goes for people who look underweight. Never treat them any differently than you would like to be treated you. Beauty is deep inside of a person, not always on the outside.
I once knew a woman who was a size 0 and she had a boob job and she had a beautiful face with beautiful long flowing hair. On the outside she looked like the talk of the town, but she was so conceded about it that it made her ugly in my eyes. This kind of beauty is only skin deep. She has the beauty on the outside but she gets up 2 hours before her husband to make herself look this way. Me myself, I barely ware make up. Some people might find me ugly, but I just ignore them because I know the truth about me and now you do too.
So find your beauty and your humor and live the life that God has planned for you. If you do not know what God’s plan for you is yet, wait for it. It will come to light eventually. Your walk with God is a personal thing, and his plan for you is also a personal thing. So just wait for it and it will come to you once you have found your peace and let God in to help you. Whatever religion you choose or if you simply choose to walk in faith like I do and I watch Joyce Meyers regularly, read the bible and pray every day but that’s how I worship. However you choose to approach God, just do it, and don’t let anyone interrupt your peace with God. Always remember, there is always something new to learn with each passing day. Each day brings its own surprises. Watch for them; enjoy them and God Bless You.
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Bipolar Disorder Article
Viewed 3670 times since Sat, Jun 11, 2011
How To Stop Smoking Tips
Viewed 3620 times since Fri, Apr 13, 2012
Surrogacy Industry of India!
Viewed 51680 times since Wed, Jul 18, 2012
Yoga & Stress Release
Viewed 2754 times since Sun, Jun 12, 2011
Major Signs of Rapid Cycling
Viewed 3617 times since Mon, Jun 20, 2011
Dream Big Dreams
Viewed 9284 times since Sat, Feb 4, 2012
Have Trouble Sleeping Yoga
Viewed 5008 times since Thu, Jun 2, 2011
Human Bipolar Disorder
Viewed 2550 times since Sun, Jul 17, 2011
Causes Of A High Blood Pressure
Viewed 2977 times since Sun, Apr 22, 2012
Viewed 3686 times since Tue, Jun 21, 2011